Monday, January 17, 2011

The best grandpop in the world.

I wish that life was simpler but I believe that we are all in the same hole right now. My grandfather always tells me, "I wish we could go to the toy store and pick you out a new pony."
MY LITTLE PONY BUTTER POP...
For some reason whenever I think about this, I think of this horse. I remember picking it out at the Toys R Us on Cottman Ave and admiring her. I honestly probably though that when I was little I could be a My Little Pony.

My grandfather has always been there for me and is my hero. He has been there through some of the hardest times of my life, when I was told I was nothing, not going to graduate, not going to get a job, would probably only be accepted to community college. He told me they were all wrong. I never believe him because when you hear one negative comment you block out the positive when we should really be blocking out the negative feedback.

Im trying to find my favorite picture of me and him and I will post it.

I would do anything for that man. I love my parents more than anything in the world and they have always been there for me for every tear drop, heartbreak etc. But my grandfather is my word. He is also the reason I have such a hard time with boys, I always compare my grandfather to them. My grandparents have been married for over 60 years, and he is the sweetest most caring person that anyone would be lucky to have him in their life. He helped run a company, became successful, a devoted husband, raised two wonderful girls.

He is now retired in Palm Beach Florida, where he works out everyday, plays golf 2-3 times a week, and attends lectures at colleges just to keep up with todays events around the world. He is also probably the smartest man I have ever met.
Beauty in Everything - Photography
A funny story I also wanted to share was when I found out my grandfathers name. When your younger and you finally realize that your parents and grandparents have names, you then want to use them over and over again. They are now not "grandmom" they are "grandmom so and so"

Well when I finally figured out that my grandfathers name was Harry. I realized who he was. He was Hannukah Harry! (The Jewish version of Santa Claus) It made perfect sense! His name was Harry, and he was the only Harry I knew so it had to be him! Right?


I never told anyone this because I felt that my grandfather already knew secretly that I also knew his big secret. I didn't tell my cousins, parents, aunts, uncles etc. It was my big secret. I finally told my family at our Christmas eve dinner, about Hannukah Harry, and they all laughed. I don't know what was so funny. Probably because they didn't figure out the secret before me :)


1 comment:

  1. "Once upon a time, life was simple." - Kevin Arnold

    Great post :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete