Friday, January 7, 2011

BOOTS!

I can never ever find boots, EVER. I have such a difficult time finding anything that fits my foot. The only shoes that usually fit me are Steve Madden since my foot is wide and looks like fred flinestone. (ok not really but you get it)

When I was younger I use to walk on my toes all the time I believe because I danced ballet so I guess to be a ballerina all the time I walked on my toes. I had to wear "mafos" which were like a leg brace and they were pink. They were so uncomfortable, (Even though I was about 5 or 6?) I still remember them pinching my skin or cutting into my heel. ick.

So back to boots! Yesterday, I saw these boots online on a gossip website I usually read.

Yep, that's Miley Cyrus on her new set film called Undercover I believe? She is a secret agent who goes undercover at a sorority house. oh joy. Anyway the boots are soo cute! I couldn't for the life of me figure out who designed them etc. So my quest was on.

I've already looked at DSW, Nordstroms and couldn't find anything and really didn't want to get another pair of UGGS. Mom suggested we go to a little shoe shop near us which I'm usually good at remembering where everything is but I honestly couldn't for the life of me remember where it was. When we pulled up, there was no one in the store except for the owner and a lady who sold clothes on the other side. They were already putting out spring shoes which I couldn't even look at but I found the sale rack which had 3 boots left. Then I saw these beauties.

These shoes are by Kenneth Cole on their line "gentle soul" right now the retail price is $295! So the lady asked me what size I was, and I said an 8. She smiles and said PERFECT! This is the last pair and it's an 8! Honestly when have you ever been to a store and the last size of something you want to try on is your size? never ever. So I put them on and they fit perfectly! they are wide and sooo soft! I had to have them, they were on sale for.... $148!!!!! I checked online after I got them and they have amazing reviews! So excited I have worn them everyday this week so far! What do you think of them?


Yesterday, I really wanted to get brown ones, with a buckle basically like the Kenneth Cole ones. They have them in brown also but I decided to find something different I guess. I went to Bloomingdales, Walking Company, Journeys. No luck, Then I went into Macys. There were boots everywhere and I felt very overwhelmed by the shoes everywhere. Macy's always seems like so clustered and I don't find the people very friendly either but I really was desperate since boots are going to be out of the store soon and sandals will be in. Looking through the racks and stacks I see my mom touching each shoe yelling at me that "there has to be a boot here there are millions!" Ok mom- When I told her I couldn't find anything, I stopped at the Ralph Lauren table and saw these... Ralph Lauren "Sella Boot" retail price $169, on sale for $119. Ok Ill try them. I ask the man for my size, and says that the sample is the last one so I check the size. SIZE 8?!!! No way. So I try these lovely boots on and they fit like a glove! They had a little scuff on the bottom so he told me he would take off a little for me. $100!

I am so excited for these two boots because they will never go out of style and are wonderful colors! Anyone have a favorite pair of boots?

No comments:

Post a Comment